Sunday, October 10, 2010

response to Keith Morgans post

I also could not post on Keiths page so I am going to post my response here.
----------------------------
Love it!!!

That resistance to change mentality is not just at your level it happens at the University level as well. Faculty (at least my university) is really resistant to anything that will take them out of their comfort zone. I do believe that as the digital-aged student mature and replace our current faculty positions over the next few decades this resistance will diminish and change for the better will become more acceptable. Let’s pray it happens like that.

2 comments:

  1. Not to put too much of a damper on this, but here is something to think about. By the time the digital aged students are in the teaching force, the students they will be teaching will have moved on to something else. As the teacher said in Ecclesiastes, there is nothing new under the sun. That is why you are needed as visionary leaders. Go forth and do good! I am enjoying this conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I think this is the nature of the beast "Change". We are constantly trying to improve, which means that once you get to where you "think" you want to be...you are going to have to change again.......Educators need to be flexible......

    ReplyDelete