Sunday, November 14, 2010

A miracle non the less.

This has been a very hard week for me. A dear friend and close coworker of mine laid to rest her three and half year old daughter. The doctors have yet to identify the ailment which caused her sudden demise. While attending the memorial services for this precious little angel I began to try to understand the meaning of it all. It was at a moment in the middle of the service that I realized that as painful as it was to loose her, as much as it hurt her family and friends, that her ailment and death brought us "all” at Schreiner to our knees. I can not recall a time in my three years here at Schreiner were we as a community came together for a common cause. We have had sporadic instances were we would join together for a cause but for the most part it was only pockets of support here and there. Mariel's life and death brought us all together to pray to our God.  We all prayed for a miracle recovery and as odd as it may sound that is what we were receiving all along. Mariel’s performed a miracle for us all. She reconnected us with God. I have seen people pray for her that at one point stated that they were atheist. Mariel although only three and half has completely changed the environment here at Schreiner.  Thank you for your life and your miracle Mariel.

7 comments:

  1. It is at these times in our life that we truly must reflect and consider what is important in our lives; and how do we take the small tiny moments to celebrate the miracle of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was overcome by emotion reading your blog earlier while driving - it never seems to amaze me that tragedy brings people together. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers - especially her family! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, God truly is the master of all being. He uses the young and old, foolish and the wise to teach us. It is our openess and humbelness that must be in place for us to submit to His will, to see the His glory as he reveals himself to us. I feel for your friends and your community. That young lady must have been someone very special on loan from the Lord for such a time as this. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the book Dale Evans wrote when she and Roy Rogers lost their little girls. The name ofr the book was Angels Unaware. Her testimony was that their daughter was an angel sent for a time to draw them to God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason,
    Praying for the Schreiner family. I will also pray for this dear famil. God's good can be accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't amaze me in the least that Mariel was an angel in your community. You are absolutely right that Mariel performed a miracle in many people's lives. She was an amazing blessing and in her loss, I pray for strength and healing during these difficult times.

    Jason, your message brings me to share a deep concern I have. I worry so much about the day-to-day busyness of life that pulls me away from being the mother, wife, friend, and sister to the people in this world - I strive to be. I have lost my mother and brother and know that life comes with heartache and loss. I also know that life is so very short and even when we know this at our core, we are still weak and in need of God's grace in our lives everyday! I have found it very difficult to live my life in a way that I know I am always doing my part! I am always giving all that I can!!! When I leave this place, I hope to leave a legacy of love.

    I respect your courage to share this story and I want to thank you for sharing the pain I know you are feeling. I am praying for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete